Friday, February 17, 2012

Train Roots - Intro

For those of you that know me, follow my work, or have had a dress rebuilt by me you understand the labor of customized love goes into every gown. Throughout the designing and building process of every dress I strive to document the gown in its various stages. The most important part is the “before photo” of the dress. Unfortunately with the accelerated speed of Bridal season, including 12 hour work days at an extremely fast pace in order to accommodate all of my customers’ needs, I forget to stop and photograph. Never mind having time to think about journaling my thoughts from start to finish. Thus I have a huge log of past gowns not yet shared.


In addition to the fast pace of wedding season, the reason I have not shown documentation earlier is that the gowns are for the big day! I cannot reveal info about the most important garment prior to the event! The other part of the delay is waiting to get photos. After the wedding day most Brides need time to relax and adjust as a newlywed. Photographers also have many clients and each wedding day contains hundreds of photographs that must be edited before being released. Photos have slowly trickled in over the last year and I have been able to start completing the stories. I release to you Train Roots, in no particular order or time frame, just as I have them completed. I hope you enjoy this back log off some of my designs. It will continue as long as Twice Blushed is creating custom gowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment