Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Catch up

Since October Twice Blushed, rather I have taken some much needed time off. In view of the fact that from Twice Blushed’s inception in 2009 through the sudden, untimely move last October I have run at full speed. The past few months have allowed me to pause and refresh so I can plan ahead, without making rushed decisions as I determine the best way to move Twice Blushed forward. I am so grateful to my friends that have offered support and sewing work space through this transition and to Blue Sky Bridal for allowing me to use their location to meet with clients and brides while I slowly look for a new studio work space.



The month of January has been a flurry with wedding shows, (yes, the snow too) and consultations with marvelous new brides! There are a few custom gowns that I am itching to get started on. I have also been planning upcoming events, photo shoots for 2012 and finally putting together documentary notes and photos of the custom gowns that I created for brides over the past two years. The arresting delay in documentary photo release of past work is that I cannot reveal details about the dress before the big day! Did we know what Kate Middleton would be wearing? The second reason is the bride needs to decompress post-wedding stress and enjoy being newlywed. It’s often 4-6 months post wedding before the photos trickle in. I can’t tease you with a before photo, process shots and not show a beautiful end result. Thus, we wait…until now. The documenting will be shared through this blog under the title “Train Roots”, keep your eyes peeled once or twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment